Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Star Trek IX

4 posters

Go down

Star Trek IX Empty Star Trek IX

Post  Vallora Tue Apr 14, 2009 6:24 pm

I'm so fuckin' stoked for this:

Last edited by Vallora on Wed Apr 15, 2009 9:52 am; edited 1 time in total
Vallora
Vallora

Back to top Go down

Star Trek IX Empty Re: Star Trek IX

Post  LulzViking Tue Apr 14, 2009 10:44 pm

Yeah.... Uhmmm I'm gonna need a moment of privacy with myself...

The second trailer was the best. I love the part where he takes the captains chair.
LulzViking
LulzViking
Guild Leader
Guild Leader

Back to top Go down

Post  Vallora Wed Apr 15, 2009 6:04 am

I saw a trailer on TV the night before last that I can't find on the official site or on YouTube yet. It was flipping long and the best one yet.

Young Kirk was in this bar hitting on a girl (might be young Uhura?) and this big guy was trying to stop him. The big guy had three friends come back him up and he says to Kirk something like, "there are three of us and one of you" and then Kirk says, "Well you go get two more friends and then it'll be a fair fight." AWESOME. hahahahaha! The trailer opened with that and I didn't realize it was Star Trek yet and I thought, "What a cocky bastard." LOL I've always loved Cptn Kirk.

This one is hilarious:

Last edited by Vallora on Wed Apr 15, 2009 2:32 pm; edited 1 time in total
Vallora
Vallora

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Apr 15, 2009 8:27 am

This movie is Win!

James Kirk is one of the best sci-fi characters in history. It will be nice to give kirk some backstory on his younger life that has been missing all this time.
I imagine Vallora and I will be seeing this opening night. I know this will be bought for home as soon as it hits the stores as well.

Back to top Go down

Post  Vallora Wed Apr 15, 2009 8:29 am

Vinn wrote:This movie is Win!

James Kirk is one of the best sci-fi characters in history.

James T. Kirk.

T is for Tiberius.

Yes................I'm that geeky........*sigh*
Vallora
Vallora

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Apr 15, 2009 8:31 am

I knew you would correct me. lol.

P.S. I love your geekyness

Back to top Go down

Post  Vallora Wed Apr 15, 2009 8:40 am

lol Embarassed

Anyways, do you think the new film will show the sequence of how he beat the Kobayashi Maru test at Starfleet? Remember in Wrath of Khan, they said he was the only one to beat it but he did it by cheating and reprogramming the computer? I think they gave him a commendation for it.....original thinking. But it was the whole plot mover in the Wrath of Khan because he had never really faced death. I think this would be an awesome scene to include.

Oh, and they picked PERFECT characters for all the young officers. I super-love the new Kirk. Is the young Sulu that guy from the White Castle movie??

Last edited by Vallora on Wed Apr 15, 2009 11:13 am; edited 1 time in total
Vallora
Vallora

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Apr 15, 2009 8:58 am

Yes that is Harold from Whitecastle. And Scottie is Simon Pegg. Guy who plays Spock is well known from the show Heros, though i never watched that show before.

Back to top Go down

Post  Kaptain Kilt Wed Apr 15, 2009 1:35 pm

Vinn wrote:I knew you would correct me. lol.

P.S. I love your geekyness

GET A ROOM YOU TWO!!!
Kaptain Kilt
Kaptain Kilt

Back to top Go down

Post  Valec Wed Apr 15, 2009 2:07 pm

The casting for this movie seems pretty excellent. The guy from Heroes is a decent actor and looks a bit odd anyway, so with makeup and Spock's haircut, he seems like he'd fit the part pretty well. John Cho is obviously a good fit for Sulu, since he's asian and that's the only important aspect of Sulu's character(Sarcasm.. while I enjoy the movies i've seen him in, i've seen nothing that makes me think he's an ideal fit for Sulu). I personally think the woman playing Uhura has a striking resemblance to the original actress, though that could be my hazy memory. Simon Pegg is just awesome, I don't even care if he butchers Scottie's character, it'll probably be hilarious watching him do it. The guy who plays Kirk.. eh. He'll do. I don't think I care either way on that one, seems like a fairly random casting job there.
Valec
Valec
Senior Officer
Senior Officer

Back to top Go down

Post  Vallora Sun Apr 19, 2009 8:57 pm

Valec, where the hell have you been? We need you in t4 scens. Sad
Vallora
Vallora

Back to top Go down

Post  Valec Sun Apr 19, 2009 9:52 pm

Just felt a little burned so i've been playing some other random games. I'll be back to grinding and pwning scenarios soon enough. Razz
Valec
Valec
Senior Officer
Senior Officer

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum