Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Aion Closed Beta #2

2 posters

Go down

Aion Closed Beta #2 Empty Aion Closed Beta #2

Post  Shampoobah Mon Jun 22, 2009 9:34 pm

Only got to play for about 7 hours this weekend, but I have to say Aion is fucking awesome. Easily more fun than anything out right now, to me. Took some 200+ screenshots, just cause the game has amazing graphics. The first half or so are of my Spiritmaster and Gladiator (Summoner & Warrior archetypes) @1680x1050 max settings w/AA x4. The last half (119+) were of my Chanter (Bard) at maxed settings, including AA(client supports up to x8 AA on it's own. I used my card to push it to x24 but the difference was negligible considering the added fps drop, so I left the client at max). All the screens are rendered with the in-game engine, including the cut-scenes which just add letterbox. As good as the game looks in screens though, you gotta see it in motion. Great animations, particle effects, and lighting. Amazing post-processing. So glad I bought the CE after actually playing it. Very Happy

Gallery 1

Gallery 2

Some highlights:
Aion Closed Beta #2 Aion0098.th Aion Closed Beta #2 Aion0038f.th Aion Closed Beta #2 Aion0033i.th Aion Closed Beta #2 Aion0054x.th Aion Closed Beta #2 Aion0057t.th Aion Closed Beta #2 Aion0111.th Aion Closed Beta #2 Aion0115.th Aion Closed Beta #2 Aion0230.th Aion Closed Beta #2 Aion0126.th Aion Closed Beta #2 Aion0146.th Aion Closed Beta #2 Aion0160.th Aion Closed Beta #2 Aion0226a.th

For only having been out for about a year, it's surprisingly polished. I only found 2 bugs during the beta. One was windowed mode seemed to hang the client, forcing you to end the clients process. The other was when I had that windowed bug, game guard insisted I was still logged in and forced me to restart my pc to fix the problem. Closing GGs process tree and restarting my router (+ waiting 5min) wasn't enough to reset my connection apparently.

Flying is hella pimp, not just cause it's fun in and of itself, but because it helps in combat. On my spiritmaster for example, I tossed an ubah buff on my pet which increased most of its stats by 10%, increased its armor by 500 and gave it ridiculously high hp regen rate for 10min (Costs some kind of combat points to cast, which are earned from just killing mobs). I pulled some rare mob 3 levels higher than me which, if it got a hold off me could 3 or 4 shot me most likely. Threw my pet on it, dotted it up, and kited it using snares, roots and when he charged at me, flight ftw. Was good times. Still hit me a couple times, but my hots and pots, plus flying of course, were just enough to get the kill. Apparently your defenses drop by a fuck-ton while flying so ya gotta be careful about it.

PVP looked fun, though we were restricted to level 10 so as far as I checked, you couldn't enter the main pvp area (Abyss) at that level. I did run across the "Coliseum" in the main Asmodian city, Pandemonium while I was doing my class advance quests. It's exactly what it sounds like; free-for-all, king-of-the-hill pvp with flight and everything. You can spectate from behind the main gate. When you die/lose, they toss yer ass out. Funny shit. There were, of course, duels all over the games towns/cities. Lot of action thanks to the combat animations. Fun just watching people catch beatdowns.

Bah, can't wait for beta #3, already having withdrawals...
Sad

**Oh and I play on that Isaphel server or whatever it was called in case any of ya got access for the next 4 betas!
Shampoobah
Shampoobah
Senior Officer
Senior Officer

Back to top Go down

Aion Closed Beta #2 Empty Re: Aion Closed Beta #2

Post  LulzViking Tue Jun 23, 2009 9:20 am

My attention... you has it, sir!
LulzViking
LulzViking
Guild Leader
Guild Leader